Seats are limited, sign up @ ilm2018.eventbrite.com
The Ilm Intensive is BACK after last year's massive success, Alhamdulillah, for the 2nd annual program.
A 7-day intensive 'ilm (knowledge) program for locals, one that is both affordable and advanced for students who wish to take their knowledge, spirituality, and practice to the next level.
From 7:30am until 5:30pm daily, students will have the opportunity to study and interact closely with instructors, covering the subjects of Islamic Theology, Atheism, The World of Angels, Fiqh of Purification (Tahaarah), Usool al-Fiqh (Principles of Jurisprudence), Qur'anic Enlightenments, The Attainment of Serenity, and many miscellaneous topics with guest speakers. Participants will have the opportunity to enjoy lunch with with one another, unlimited coffee and tea on-site, and private Q&As for a comprehensive, transformative, life-changing week.
Subjects covered include:
Core classes (5)
1. Islamic Theology & Deconstructing Atheism
2. The World of Angels
3. The Fiqh of Purification (Tahaarah)
4. Usool al-Fiqh (Principles of Jurisprudence)
5. Qur'anic Enlightenments (Refuting Misconceptions)
Miscellaneous Matters (6 sessions with guest speakers)
Dr. Haifaa Younis
Sh. Omar Hedroug
Dr. Mohannad Hakeem
Sh. Abdullah Moataz
Sh. Suleiman Hani
Br. Abdullah Bokhari
Sh. Majed Mahmoud
What you get:
- One week of intensive studies, activities, training, and spiritual purification
- Access to various instructors and speakers throughout the week
- Writing utensils and note-taking resources
- Lunch provided daily
- Coffee & refreshments throughout the intensive
- Certificate of Completion at the commencement ceremony
- 20% off next year's Ilm Intensive 2018 for returning students
- Attendees who complete the optional exams will receive a certificate of completion at the commencement event on Friday, August 2nd, inshaaAllah.
- LIMITED spots; no exceptions.
- Ages Highschool + only.
Program Schedule (tentative):
Friday, July 27 @ 7:00pm | Lecture (for public), Orientation and Registration
Saturday July 28 to Thursday, August 2nd | All classes and activities 7:30am-5:30pm (Open doors and coffee at 7:30AM, classes begin 8:00AM sharp)
Friday, August 3rd @ 7:30pm | commencement ceremony, awards, and closing speech
Daily program (July 28 - Aug 2nd)
7:30am - Coffee and open doors
8:00am-5:30pm: Classes with breaks, Q&A, and activities
Lunch and dhuhr break from 1:05-2:35pm every day
Admission cost (to cover expenses):
$80/ea - returning students
$90/ea - early bird
$100/ea - General Individual Admission
Group discounts & financial aid available by e-mailing email@example.com
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register today - spots are strictly limited!
Do I need any pre-requisite knowledge to attend this program?
No, this program is made for everyone and does not require any preresuite courses, programs, or events. The annual offering of the Ilm Intensive will always be a standalone program which doesn't require the attendance of previous intensives or seminars.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Yes, High School and older.
Is the program in English or Arabic?
English with frequent references to Arabic for Qur'an and Hadith.
***Conditions, limitations, and guidelines can be observed on-site at the opening speech and orientation, Friday, July 28, 7:30pm.